Lemon cheesecake (serves 6)
This cheesecake recipe is intended for patients who are receiving dialysis.
- 57g - margarine
- 113g - digestive biscuits
- powdered sweetener - if wanted
- 345g - 'Philadelphia' cream cheese
- powdered sweetener
- juice of 2 large or 3 small lemons (6 Tablespoons)
- 1 - grated lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons of cold water
- 14g - gelatine
- 1/4 pint double cream
- Melt the margarine in a saucepan.
- Remove from the heat and add the crushed biscuits and a little powdered sweetener if wanted.
- Mix well and turn into a 7 inch flan tin or dish 1 and 1/2 inches deep. Press the mixture firmly around the sides and base, then chill for half an hour.
- Beat the cheese, lemon juice and zest in a bowl until smooth - add sweetener to taste.
- Put the water into a small saucepan, sprinkle on the gelatine and leave until it turns spongy.
- Place over a low heat, stirring all the time until the gelatine has dissolved.
- Strain the gelatine into the cheese mixture, stirring continuously.
- Whip the double cream until it is just stiff and fold this into the cheese mixture.
- Turn it all into the crumb lined tin and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.